Swift Software announces the release of JobTraQ workflow management software version X6.2.1. This new release adds support for Windows 2012 and 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2012 and 2014. It also improves workflow execution performance significantly and allows users to safely copy and paste formatted text from emails or web pages.
Self-hosted customers with an active maintenance agreement can immediately download the self-installing upgrade from the JobTraQ customer portal. SaaS customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the upgrade, or simply wait for us to contact you.
To read complete release notes for all current and previous versions, visit our release notes page.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2.
- Support for SQL Server 2012 and 2014.
- Improved security validation keeps JobTraQ users secure while allowing them to copy formatted text from emails and web pages without errors.
- Workflow execution performance improved by 5-15% for all workflow processes.
- Workflow execution performance improved by up to 25% for workflow processes with many Split nodes.
- Workflow execution performance improved by up to 50% for systems with many global conditional actions.
- Changed all text-based custom fields to use the “nvarchar(max)” data type instead of the legacy “ntext” data type. This prepares JobTraQ for future versions of SQL Server, and offers a small performance benefit in some cases.
- The workflow process designer has a new keyboard shortcut. Ctrl-G lets an admin enter a node ID and then it highlights that node.
Updated System Requirements
JobTraQ X6.2 and beyond require .NET 4.0
Previous versions of JobTraQ required Microsoft .NET 3.5. Microsoft’s recent updates offer improved performance and enhanced capabilities. To take advantage of these improvements, JobTraQ X6.2 and beyond require Microsoft .NET 4.0.
Application Lifecycle Plans
Microsoft Operating System and Database Support Changes
JobTraQ X6.3 will be the last version to support Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2003 R2. JobTraQ X6.4 will require Windows Server 2008 or later.
Web Browser Support Changes
JobTraQ X6.2 is the last version to support Internet Explorer 6 and 7. However, IE 6 and 7 do not fully support the new rich text feature. If you plan to use IE 6 or 7 with the rich text feature in JobTraQ X6.2.1, we recommend that you require all of your users to use the same web browser. If some of your users use IE 6/7 and some of your users use a newer version IE or another browser, you will experience some formatting discrepancies.
To enable us to provide the best possible experience for our users, JobTraQ X6.3 will support the following list of web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 and later
- Firefox 24 and later
- Chrome 28 and later
- Safari 5 and later