Swift Software is pleased to announce the release of JobTraQ version X6.4.0! This new release includes exciting new collaboration features including user pictures and activity streams. The calendar page can now display multiple people’s schedules at the same time. Users can create multiple contacts with the same name. And we streamlined the administration tools and added a custom label feature for fields in task types.
Self-hosted customers with an active maintenance agreement can immediately download the self-installing upgrade from the JobTraQ customer portal. SaaS customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the upgrade, or simply wait for us to contact you.
To read complete release notes for all current and previous versions of JobTraQ workflow software by Swift Software, please visit our release notes page.
- A new expandable dashboard includes activity streams for team and individual tasks and projects as well as an expanded agenda.
- Users can upload pictures of themselves, which will appear in the activity streams as well as their contact records.
- JobTraQ now accepts multiple contacts with the same name, as long as those contacts are in different organizational units.
- Users can select multiple contacts to view at the same time in the calendar. Each contact receives a color code so the calendar is easy to read.
- The recurring task user interface now shows all fields on the Info page and organizes them into sections so they are easier to edit.
- Administrators can specify custom labels for fields in the task type form designer.
- Server load was decreased significantly for workflow processes that use the Occurred or Will Occur operators heavily.
- The Calendar page loads more quickly, especially for users with many appointments and tasks.
- The Logout, Change Password, Activity Log, and User Preferences commands have moved to a menu under the user’s picture in the top-right corner.
- A new API method allows programmers to get a list of future instances of recurring tasks.
- The Print Task feature fills the whole page when a user chooses Landscape.
- The task type status selection and contact type field selection tools allow administrators to drag and drop statuses and fields into the desired places.
- The option administration tools for radio button, checkbox, and dropdown fields are faster and support drag and drop.
- The field permissions administration tools are much faster.
Updated System Requirements
JobTraQ X6.4 requires .NET 4.5.2
Previous versions of JobTraQ required Microsoft .NET 4.0. Microsoft’s recent updates offer improved performance and enhanced capabilities. To take advantage of these new improvement opportunities, JobTraQ X6.4 and beyond will require Microsoft .NET 4.5.2.
JobTraQ X6.4 and beyond require Windows 2008 or later
Because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows 2003 and 2003 R2, JobTraQ X6.4 requires Windows Server 2008 or later.
JobTraQ requires Internet Explorer 8 or later
JobTraQ X6.3 dropped support for Internet Explorer 6 or 7. The following web browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 8 and later
- Firefox 24 and later
- Chrome 28 and later
- Safari 5 and later