Please note: This requirement was cancelled and an altered requirement was published on 2/3/2015.
The updated Requirement can be found here: http://www.jobtraq.com/jobs/dm-212-director-of-marketing-technical.html
CANCELLED: Job Opening For a Marketing Specialist
Looking for a marketing opportunity where both your creative AND your technical skills will be unleashed and appreciated?
Swift Software is looking for a creative, talented, and business savvy Marketing Specialist to join our growing team. Join us and seize the opportunity to make a real difference helping to propel great products and a great team to the next level. As a BPM software company, we are ready for our marketing to leap forward to catch up with our great product and we want your awesome skills and creativity to help us make big things happen. We want to leverage your ability to quickly grasp the complex and help us transform it into the simple and profound though professional and compelling content and graphics delivered through web and email campaigns, promotional video, social media, and other mediums.
- 10 or more years in technical marketing, may trade up to 6 for relevant business or technology experience, and up to 2 for a relevant degree
- A business or marketing degree
- Familiarity with the modern tools of the trade (email, CMS, web and SEO, design, etc.)
- Humility and an eternally teachable attitude, both core values of our team
- The proven skills and experience of a great marketer
- A portfolio of past performance
- Willingness to travel (infrequent but may be required in support of trade shows, industry events, sales engagements, customer visits – in support of developing case studies or for gaining market understanding, etc.)
Attributes of a great candidate
- First hand experience with business process automation, business process improvement, or business process software
- First hand experience working with technology sales teams selling sophisticated products and service offerings
- Experience marketing Enterprise software
- Experience marketing SAAS software
- SEO Expertise
- A strong desire to stay current with Enterprise and marketing technologies as well as a variety of marketing techniques and disciplines
- A proven ability to fully grasp the nuances and motivations of various business models, niches, and market segments and message them to action
- Fast learner, not afraid of getting under the hood with technology
- Self-motivated, deadline driven, proven effective with the investment and management of time
- Innately creative
- A passionate communicator effective via the both written and spoken word and through graphic messaging
- Able to work well with others on a team as a customer, peer, or vendor
- A strong desire to personally advance and grow as part of a dedicated learning organization
The Marketing Specialist at Swift is responsible for executing complete end-to-end marketing efforts using both technical and traditional media in order to generate qualified inbound leads that lead to new accounts, and to support sales with campaigns and tools designed to help up sell, cross sell, and add additional offerings into existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, create, and deliver marketing programs to support the growth and expansion of the company products and services
- Design, create, and deliver sales aids:
- Sell Sheets and Slicks
- Write case studies of major and unique implementation success stories
- Develop and update sales presentations
- Provide reports on:
- Marketing trends
- New products
- Marketing Deliverables and Available Tools
- Manage Day to Day Web Updates
- Manage Website Refresh Projects
- Use content management tools to actively manage website content
- Edit HTML as necessary to assure proper layouts, etc.
- Gather, edit/optimize, and publish content for website blogs, news, case study hooks and press releases
- Work with SEO vendor to manage keyword marketing efforts
- Lead Generation:
- Work with internal and external data sources to develop qualified target lists that are a fit for Swift products and services
- Use various tools to design and distribute e-mail based campaigns and promotions
- Research, manage, and attend marketing events
- Cold call script development, will include making cold calls to test
- Chamber/Association/BD/Business Card Exchange/Meet & Greet Events
- Traditional promotions
- Technical creative (demo videos, marketing integration and automation, etc.)
- Create, manage and facilitate product/service announcements and promotions
Skills and Specifications
There are a number of attributes which are needed in a candidate to do the job and they are as follows:
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The person MUST have superior communication skills in both verbal and written forms. Interpersonal and relationship skills are equally important.
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS: He or she must have exceptional analytical skills and exceptional research abilities.
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS: It will be necessary for the candidate to have the ability to lead the company and contribute to the path of continuous improvement and success. A teachable attitude is paramount.
- WORK ETHIC: We are a very entrepreneurial environment. It is imperative for the person to have an exceptional work ethic and a compelling desire for achievement and excellence.
- GOAL DRIVEN: The candidate should have the ability to thrive in an autonomous, objective-driven and results oriented environment.
- TECHNICAL APTITUDE: The candidate must have the proven capacity to rapidly gain a sufficient understanding of technical products, services, and implementations in order to be able to accurately articulate, in written and verbal form, the company products, services, offerings, goals, objectives, and achievements. Must be familiar with current technologies and methods for effectively reaching large numbers of qualified prospects and generating consistently strong lead flows
- CREATIVE ABILITIES: Must be able to constantly create new and fresh ideas to gain the greatest exposure for the Swift name into the targeted marketplace to include the development of product and service announcements and promotions
Education and Qualifications
- The minimum preferred education level is a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- It is preferred for the candidate to have past working experience in sales, marketing and other technical and business related activities.
- Technical knowledge/experience/aptitude, particularly related to IT solutions and applications
- Knowledge of, and experience with, social media marketing tools and techniques, Microsoft Office Tools, Graphics Programs, Word Press, Marketo or similar e-mail campaign tools, trade show and marketing event planning and facilitation, and other promotional marketing
- Swift is an open compensation firm, with published pay range data available for all positions.
- The base salary range for this position is $50,000 through $73,000.00 per year based on outside market value (relevance and depth of skills and experience)
- Additional upside compensation is available through the company Pay For Performance (profit sharing) plan and through gross-profit-based team objectives
- Competitive Health Insurance options, Paid Leave, 401K matching and other benefits are included.
If you want to work with a fast-moving team of talented and friendly people to help businesses and organizations around the world discover our software solutions that empower them to make radical leaps forward in organization and productivity, email your resume to email@example.com and reference position MS202. Principals only, no calls please. US citizens and permanent residents only, no temporary residents.