JobTraQ software allows system administrators to create a custom design template and specify that it should be used when printing tasks or projects.
Configuring JobTraQ to use a custom template
- Navigate to the JobTraQ web folder (often, c:\inetpub\wwwroot\JobTraQ)
- Find the folder called Templates, and copy its contents into the folder called CustomTemplates.
- Customize the copy of PrintTemplate.html in CustomTemplates (see below for details).
- Log in to JobTraQ software and go to the System Settings page in the Administration tab
- Change the Use Custom Printout Template setting to “Yes”, and click Save.
- Test the new template by opening a task and clicking its print icon.
Editing the custom template file
JobTraQ’s templates are simply HTML files with special tags that serve as placeholders for the information that will be printed. A template can be any valid HTML document, as long as the placeholder tags are present. If you omit a placeholder, the template will still work, but it will not include the section marked by the missing placeholder. The placeholder tags are:
- <PrintoutTitle> The printout title (from the System Settings page)
- <SummaryFields> The most important fields of the task/project
- <DetailsFields> The other fields of the task/project
- <TimeLogEntries> The time log info for the task/project
- <AttachedFiles> The attached files info for the task/project
You can also include images in your template. To do this, copy the image to the PrintImages folder in the CustomTemplates folder. Then, just use a relative URL to point to the image. For example:
Note: You can also change the design of the JobTraQ email notifications. Refer to How To: Change the design of the JobTraQ email notifications for more details.