Once each day, JobTraQ software recalculates the indexes on all of its database tables. This ensures that the system performs consistently well when users are accessing it, but it does cause the server to run slowly for a few minutes while the indexes are updated. As a result, it is important that this optimization is performed when the system’s users are not actively using it.
By default, JobTraQ software performs this task at four o’clock in the morning, when most users will be asleep. If your organization follows a different schedule, you may want to change this setting to a different time. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Open your JobTraQ program directory (usually, c:\Program Files\JobTraQ X5)
- Open the settings.xml file in a text editor.
- Find the section called <GlobalSettings>
- In that section, find the setting called <ReIndexDatabase>. This setting accepts time values in the form HH:MM, where HH is a number from 0 to 23, and MM is a number from 0 to 59.
- Change the setting’s value to the time that you would like to send the notification emails (for example, 00:00 would cause JobTraQ to reindex the database at midnight, while 15:30 would be 3:30 in the afternoon).
- Save the file.
For information about the other settings in the <GlobalSettings> section, refer to How To: Change the time of day that JobTraQ sends notification emails about due and overdue jobs and How To: Fix timeout errors when reindexing the JobTraQ database.