Starting with JobTraQ version X6.5.0, the JobTraQ Outlook Integration Addin is being replaced with a new Outlook 2010/2013-compatible add-in, JobTraQ Sync for Outlook. (Supports both 32 and 64 bit versions of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013.)
This How To guide explains how to upgrade from the former Outlook Integration Addin to the new JobTraQ Sync for Outlook. Each end user that uses the old Outlook Integration Addin should follow the steps in this guide after your JobTraQ server is upgraded to X6.5.0 or above.
Note: Do not uninstall the old Addin until instructed to do so! We need to make sure that all JobTraQ data is synchronized before removing the old Addin.
Step #1: Synchronize Data with the old Addin
- Launch Outlook and sign in to the old Addin.
- Go to the Add-Ins tab, and click “Synchronize with JobTraQ.”
- The synchronization dialog will appear.
- Once the synchronization process completes, quit Outlook.
Step #2: Uninstall the old Addin
- Go to the Windows Control panel to uninstall a program.
- Right click on “JobTraQ Outlook Integration Addin” and click Uninstall.
Step #3: Install the new JobTraQ Sync for Outlook add-in
- To download the zipped installation files for the new add-in, click this link and sign in to the portal: JobTraQ Sync for Outlook
- Unzip the ZIP file to extract the installation files.
- Now we need to determine whether your Microsoft Outlook is 32 bit or 64 bit:
- Go back to the unzipped installation files. You’ll notice that there are two directories: x86 and x64.
- Choose the x86 directory if you are running 32 bit Office.
- Choose the x64 directory if you are running 64 bit Office.
- Launch Setup.exe in the directory you chose.
- Setup.exe will install prerequisites if necessary and then install the new add-in. Follow the installer instructions.
- Launch Outlook. The new add-in will prompt you to sign in. After signing in, it will automatically reconnect all of the items that were being synchronized via the old Addin to be synchronized via the new add-in.