Adding a second web server that uses an existing JobTraQ database is a complicated process, and it must be performed precisely as described in this document. There is no danger of data loss or corruption, but the new server will not operate correctly unless the entire process is performed correctly.
Also, the same version of JobTraQ must be installed on both the original web server and the new web server. Otherwise, the new server will not be able to read the database accurately. To make sure that the process works correctly, we recommend that you upgrade the existing server to the latest version of JobTraQ before starting the work on the second server.
Upgrade the existing server to the latest version of JobTraQ
- Contact email@example.com for the latest JobTraQ installer.
- Log in to the existing JobTraQ server and run the setup program.
- It will disconnect all your JobTraQ users, make a pre-upgrade backup of the database, and perform the upgrade.
Install the latest version of JobTraQ on the new server
- Log in to the new JobTraQ server and run the same setup program that you ran on the first server. It will install JobTraQ on your new web server.
- When the Configuration tool appears, use it to create a JobTraQ site with a new database. Make sure t hat the database name is different from the one on the old server. We will delete this database later.
Change the new JobTraQ site to use the existing JobTraQ database
- On the original web server, open the Settings.xml file in the JobTraQ program directory.
- Open the same file on the new web server.
- Delete the contents of the <database> section in the new server’s settings file, and replace it with a copy of the contents of that section from the original server’s settings file. Do not replace the <database> tag itself, because it is important that the id attribute is not changed.
- If the DB_Server value is set to “(local)” or “localhost”, change the new server’s settings file to point to the correct network address of the database server.
Update the license for the new server
- Open JobTraQ on the new server, and log in.
- Go to the License Administration page, and enter your new server’s license key.
- Verify that the license was installed correctly by reading the License Status field.
Delete the temporary JobTraQ database that was created by the new server’s installer
- In SQL Server Management Studio, find the temporary database that you created while installing JobTraQ on the new server. Delete it.
- Next, go to the Security section in the Object Explorer in SQL Server Management Studio, and expand the Logins section.
- Find each of the three JobTraQ software users that the installer created for the temporary database, and delete them.
Disable the JobTraQ Scheduling Service on the second server
- On the second server, open the Services control panel.
- Find the JobTraQ Scheduling Service and stop it.
- Open the service’s properties window and change its Startup Type to Disabled.
If you are unsure about any stage of this process, please contact support to discuss your questions.